Saturday, January 18, 2014

Letter to Daddy...

Dear Daddy,

Let me start off by saying how much I've missed you this week. We used to do everything together, and now I can only talk to you on the phone. Its been a long week. Let me tell you about it.

Monday was a hard day for Mummy. We got up at 4:40am, just because we could. I think it makes up for the two sleep-ins I gave you over the weekend - I don't often let you sleep-in until 6:30am...you're welcome! Mummy got LOTS of housework done that day though, so she's feeling much better about things :) And you know how she really doesn't like changing dirty nappies...well, I gave her three of them! I know, a little bit naughty of me, but I couldn't resist! We struggled to find a rhythm, and we were both glad when 6:30 came around so I could go to bed.

Tuesday was really overcast, so Mummy and I both napped heaps. I think it had to do with yesterday being such a challenge. We miss you! Mummy doesn't burp me right - you know how its supposed to be done, but I don't think anyone's ever told Mummy (psst: don't tell her I said this!) Not much housework got done today, just the basics, but we had a good day today. I stroked Pepper lots (and even went for a ride on her!) AND, I even stood up on Badger (you know, the mini horse) like a circus monkey! She was too dirty to ride around on, and I'd just had a bath, but Mummy let me stand on her back for a few minutes :) We had a bit of a routine starting up today, so we're both calmer about you being away, but I can tell that Mummy's still stressed...I don't think she's sleeping very well...

Wednesday!!! YAY!!! I've been waiting for Wednesday ALL flippin' week!!!!! Today I'm going swimming!!!! YAY!!! I'll tell you more once I get back tonight!

...Daddy! Let me tell you: Swimming. Is. Great!! We had the bestest day!! First we went to the Plaza (oh, and Grandma came too!) for a couple of hours, then we went to Spotlight so that Grandma could get material to make me lots of pretty things! Grandma even let me crawl around on the carpet at Spotlight (while Mummy cringed about all the germs!) and I had a GREAT time!! Then, as we were going through the check out, Aunty Rach called to say that she'd gotten her Forklift ticket! YAY!!! AND she said she was going to come to swimming lessons with me!! YAY!! It took us a little while to get out to the car, and then to load all of our material in, but once we were in there, I looked over the backseat and there was....Aunty Rach!!! YAY!!! She'd decided to meet us at Spotlight and follow us over to my swimming class (I think its because she didn't really know where to go...but we didn't either! LOL!) So we all drove over to Buderim, and I had the funnest time EVER!!!! The pool is heated to 32 degrees, and the air in the pool room is hot too - kind of like in a greenhouse/hothouse. I learned to swim in Mummy's current (like a fish), and I swam after a rubber ducky, and I learnt how to grab onto the side of the pool, and to sit on the step, and to climb out of the pool, and to do the 'teddy bear' song/dance. (and by this time Mummy was pretty exhausted!) And I learnt how to balance on a rubber mat and kick my legs to the other end of the pool. And then they let me play with a rubber pool fish, and then I had to put it on the turtle's neck. And then I was allowed to pat the turtle, but I loved the turtle, so I really wanted to give it a hug, just like I do to Peppie Princess. Then I had to sit on the step again, and give the teacher a *high five* to signal the end of the lesson. It went for about 20 minutes, and it was SO great! When I got out of the pool, Aunty Rach helped Mummy to get me dried off and changed...but Aunty Rach was not especially helpful! LOL! But it was lots of fun! Aunty Rach then drove home, and Grandma, Mummy and I went to Nambour, to do shopping. Oh! AND to give me some chow-chow, because I was starvin' after all of my hard work at the pool! I was glad its such a long drive home from the coast because I really needed the nap I took on the way home! No dirty nappies today, but that just makes Mummy nervous. Mummy and I definitely have a routine now, and I feel much happier knowing what we're going to get up to each day.

On Thursday we again had to go to Nambour (with Grandma and Aunty Rach) for little Jacob's funeral. Mummy was going to take me with them, but Aunty Rach graciously offered to mind me at the shopping centre while the service was on, so that I didn't interrupt anything :) We had a great time. Aunty Rach is THE coolest Aunt ever (sorry Tammy, you need to up your game!) :) Aunty Rach even bought me COOL sunnies!! They are pink! I love pink! They have hot pink love hearts all over them! When Mummy and Grandma met up with us again, they were sad, but when they saw me all asleep in the pram with my sunnies on (and my finger hooked though the edge of them) that cheered them up pretty quick! Mummy asked if I had a dirty nappy while she was away (I think she was hopeful that Aunty Rach would have gotten it! But I waited until we got home...he he he) We then walked up to the material shop (because Grandma was looking for something very specific) and Mummy bought me the cutest material. She doesn't know what she's going to make me yet, but whatever it is, its going to be so beautiful! When we finally got home, I ate some solids, then had some chow-chow and went to sleep right on 6:30. After Mummy put me in my cot, while she was waiting for me to fall completely asleep, she decided to have a little rest on the bed...and fell asleep for an hour! Turns out Aunty Rach wore us all out!! :) Only one more sleep to go until I see you again, and I'm very excited!!

FRIDAY!! My second most favourite day of the week!! You're coming home today!! I'm so excited!! :) I had three naps today! Mummy was so grateful because I think she's still tired from yesterday! We did a big clean up around the house, because we've been so busy yesterday and the day before, and we even washed the sheets and made up the bed, so that they would be all crispy-fresh for when you get home tonight!! Ooh! Mummy just told me that you completed one of your qualifications that you need if you want to keep this job after the three months is up. YAY for you, Daddy. I'm so proud! :)

I cant wait until you get home...today is going to take forever to pass!!





2 comments:

  1. Missed you too Saphira! Thankyou for the lovey letter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - I really feel for you all! (Mummy is probably missing Daddy at least as much as you are Saphira - and maybe even as much as Daddy is missing you both!) Bec, I love reading what you (and Saphira) write! :) What are you going to be sewing? :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete