Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saphira, so cute...


Both of these photos were taken on Saturday morning. They are very dark as my phone had a very low battery, and wouldnt let me use the flash :(
Seriously though, how cute is she?!
This was the last time that she wore this outfit as it is now too small for her feeties. She wore it for the first time during Dr Scorer's first visit to us at the hospital (when she was 4 days old).

 
 
Also, today I recieved an answer to a ferverent prayer. My sister sent me an email with a link to a website. (I dont get emails from her very often, so it was a lovely surprise!) On the website was a well written poem that I'd like to share:
 
Find your Magic, Mum
 
You are the stem to my flower; You are the root of my tree
You are the frame of my childhood; You are the very essence of me
You've given me a physical; You've given my soul a home
You've created an opportunity; For me to never be alone
Because in all my times of need; When I need someone by my side
An ear to listen or a hand to hold; No distance too far, too wide
You'll be there unjudging and fair; You'll be there believing in me
You'll remind me of my greatness; Only my best you'll see
Right?....
Or will you try to mould me; To be a perfect reflection of you?
Shaping and pushing and judging; Not letting my soul come through?
Will you hurt me with your words? Will you put your own constraints on me?
Is it love and possibilities you'll show? Or is it your past of pain I'll see?
Will you make me what you wish you were? Or will you love me as I am?
Will you choose my hobbies for me? Or will you show me that I can?
Will you rise to the challenge before you; And love, love, love....
Or will you sit back waiting for someone else; Or for the big man up above
Will you make the hard decisions? Will you be my parent, not my friend?
Will you love me unconditionally? Even when I drive you round the bend?
Will you help me build resilience? Not mask and cover my pain?
Will you teach me that I have the power; And not flush my trust down the drain?
Will you teach me how to love? Will you teach me how to respect?
Will you stand your ground on discipline; And not confuse it with neglect?
Because it is you that I take my cues from; It is you that shapes my mind
It is you that teaches frustration or patience; It is you that teaches cruel or kind
You'll be flooded with information; From the minute I'm conceived
About techniques, patterns and routines; You won't know which one to believe
But I'm here to remind you now; That only you and I will know
Which of them is right for us; Don't let them steal our show
Before I can speak in words; I need you to be my voice
So get your quadrants balanced, Mum; And make an informed and conscious choice
I will push you to your limits; As we find our way together
But please know each moment will pass; As quickly as the weather
Please don't mistake my tears; For something you need to mask
Don't just push panadol or drugs in me; Unless it's for those that I ask
Sometimes you'll be so tired; That you'll want to curl up and cry
But please remember that I need you Mum; And without you, I will die
So it's important that you take care; Of every part of You
So you can hear me clearly, Mum; And together, we'll push through
      
       ~ Beck Mohammadzadegan

Saphira's baby blessing is tomorrow, so fingers crossed she has enough sleep/milk to be well settled (well behaved) during her blessing :)

4 comments:

  1. AND she was all of the above and a very beautiful little girl. .Hope you continue to find joy on your lives as a growing family unit. Much love Aunty Cathy and uncle Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful girl! :)
    And such a lovely poem :)
    xo Tammy

    PS. SOO nice to see you guys yesterday!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a little cutie pie you have there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love Saphira's thoughtful little frown! :) Yes, absolutely she is So Cute! I really liked the blessing, and was so grateful to be there! Lovely poem too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete