Im going to try to write (at least Part 1) of my birth story
now, as Im really tired, and Saphira is asleep, and the stupid internet stopped
working a few minutes ago and wiped all of the birth story that I had already
written *Grrrr*...
Sunday night, 28 April, we went to bed around 10:30pm. I had
some minor pains but nothing major, so I went off to sleep after not very long.
I woke up at 2:15am to stronger pains, and then spent the
next hour or so trying to time them. They were sparodic and came between 5-8
minutes apart.
At 3:30am I woke Husband, and he phoned the hospital. The
cranky midwife (Clair) was on, and told me to take a shower and go back to bed
for a few hours...clearly she was at the end of her shift and didnt want another
baby that morning! :) I had a shower and Husband went back to bed. Almost
immediately upon stepping into the shower, the contractions got stronger, and
by the time I was *trying* to get my 9-month-pregnant body dressed they were
MUCH closer together.
Husband called the hospital again at around 4:20am and told
cranky midwife that we were coming in. He then called my Mum and told her we
were leaving, as she was having Pepper. It still took us 40 minutes or so to
leave the house (luckily our bags were already packed and in the car!) and then
we drove down to Mum & Dad's house. We unloaded Pepper, her bed, her toys,
some food etc...and when we *finally* left there at around 5:30am, I remember
saying to Husband that I thought we'd left it too long...and that I was NOT
having my baby in the car!!!
As we were driving past Cooroy (a small town halfway between
our house and the hospital) I had FIVE contractions in a row, with NO GAP!!
*ouch!* ...and I thought the pain had been bad BEFORE!!
...ok, she just started crying, so Part 2 will be tomorrow...if I have time...and have had enough sleep...
Oh you have me very intrigued now and can't wait to see Part 2. Hope you are well xx
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are writing it down Bec! You think you will remember but you can't help but forget. Even though I think I know most of it, I look forward to tomorrow's installment, (which could possibly be next week, with a new baby to work around :)
ReplyDeleteLove you! :)
xoxo
Oh!! I'm so excited to hear the story!! I loved reading Part 1 :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for Part 2 whenever you happen to have an opportunity (we all know how difficult moments like that can be to find!).
So excited for you guys. Can't wait to see more pictures and organise a time to come MEET her!!!!!!!!
So sad we haven't seen her yet.
Much love xox